Sunday, February 1, 2015

Why the Hunger Games?

There are a couple reasons why I chose this class. Of course one of them is for the credit but also I really enjoyed the Hunger Games books when I read them. I enjoy reading books that take me to another world, yet these books take where we live and takes it to the future. It also gives us a dystopia which is scary but there is a strong hero who ends up victorious. While reading, I remember thinking about how our lives would be affected if suddenly our country became just like Panem and it would definitely be frightening.

In this class I hope to achieve a better understanding of the books. They are good reads but there are probably some symbols I have missed or hidden meanings I had not thought about. I also wish to understand the trilogy from the perspectives of many different disciplines such as History and Psychology. It will be interesting to see how the different disciplines interpret the books and the events that occur.


My favorite character is Katniss Everdeen because she is a strong person. She stays strong throughout the games and even after to lead a rebellion. She stays true to her beliefs and ideas no matter what people tell her. Even as a child she knew things were messed up and even spoke it sometimes, even if it got her in trouble. Katniss is also a great provider for her family and is always there to make sure they are safe. Even while she is fighting in the games she has people to check up on them.

So...






Images:
://mtv.mtvnimages.com/uri/mgid:file:http:shared:mtv.com/news/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/tumblr_m09xh5V7Il1qltuygo1_500-1417446398.gif

http://24.media.tumblr.com/1b73e6e30199460d600317a2bf5e486a/tumblr_mli2bggib41s55dxpo1_500.gif

No comments:

Post a Comment